The Consortium of National Law Universities was established on 19th August 2017 with the aim of improving the standard of legal education in the country and justice system through legal education with Prof. R. Venkata Rao, erstwhile Vice-Chancellor, NLSIU as President and Prof. Faizan Mustafa, Vice-Chancellor, NALSAR, as Vice-President.
The Consortium aspires to facilitate better coordination amongst National Law Schools to achieve the highest standards of legal education in the country. Twenty-One National Law Universities have joined the Consortium as founder members.
- There will be no upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT 2020.
- As regards the minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2 or an equivalent examination), the candidates must have secured:
- Forty-five per cent (45%) marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI categories
- Forty Percent (40%) marks or equivalent in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April 2020 are also eligible to appear in CLAT 2020 examination. However, they shall be required to produce evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- The result of the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
- In case of equal marks, the break of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
- Higher marks in the component/section on legal aptitude in the CLAT 2020 exam;
- Higher age;
- Computerised draw of lots.
Maximum Marks 150
Duration of CLAT 2020 Exam 2:00 Hours
Multiple-Choice Questions 150 questions (1 mark each)
Negative Marking 0.25 wrong answer
|Subject Areas with weightage:||(approximate number of questions)|
|English Language||28-32 questions, or roughly 20% of the paper|
|Current Affairs, including General Knowledge||35-39 questions, or roughly 25% of the paper|
|Legal Reasoning||35-39 questions, or roughly 25% of the paper|
|Logical Reasoning||28-32 questions, or roughly 20% of the paper|
|Quantitative Techniques||13-17 questions, or roughly 10% of the paper|
National Law Universities
Total CLAT seats
West Bengal National University of Judicial Sciences, Kolkata
Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Vishakhapatnam
|22||Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Law University (earlier known as National Law University Haryana), Rai, Sonepat (Newly added)||120|
|NLU's||Course||Seats||Rank - General||Reserved||State Reservation||WEBSITE|
|1||National Law School of India University(NLSIU), Bengaluru||BA LLB||120||1 TO 98||145 TO 3707||NO||https://www.nls.ac.in/|
|2||NALSAR University of Law (NALSAR), Hyderabad||BA LLB||123||40 TO 176||1968 TO 8476||180 TO 887||https://www.nalsar.ac.in/|
|3||The National Law Institute University(NLIU), Bhopal||BA LLB||102||137 TO 429||2638 TO 8881||182 TO 527||https://www.nliu.ac.in/|
|4||The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (WBNUJS), Kolkata||BA LLB, Bsc LLB||103||6 TO 226||1854 TO 6968||275 TO 842||https://www.nujs.edu/|
|5||National Law University (NLU), Jodhpur||BA LLB, Bsc LLB||104||162 TO 317||3084 TO 8915||NO||http://www.nlujodhpur.ac.in/|
|6||Hidayatullah National Law University(HNLU), Raipur||BA LLB||160||470 TO 757||3539 TO 11504||796 TO 2533||https://www.hnlu.ac.in/|
|7||Gujarat National Law University(GNLU), Gandhinagar||BA LLB, Bcom LLB||156||259 TO 461||4773 TO 11368||686 TO 2993||https://www.gnlu.ac.in/|
|8||Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University (RMLNLU), Lucknow||BA LLB||160||462 TO 738||798 TO 13912||NO||http://www.rmlnlu.ac.in/|
|9||Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab||BA LLB||175||443 TO 1012||3448 TO 14500||NO||https://rgnul.ac.in/|
|10||Chanakya National Law University (CNLU), Patna||BA LLB||120||753 TO 1256||1701 TO 15698||NO||https://www.cnlu.ac.in/|
|11||The National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS), Kochi||BA LLB||58||472 TO 1377||9228 TO 2772||NO||https://www.nuals.ac.in/|
|12||National Law University Odisha (NLUO)||BA LLB, BBA LLB||159||478 TO 1052||5180 TO 16167||1086 TO 3283||https://www.nluo.ac.in/|
|13||National University of Study and Research in Law (NUSRL), Ranchi||BA LLB||120||934 TO 1290||1322 TO 16619||1343 TO 2653||http://www.nusrlranchi.ac.in/|
|14||National Law University and Judicial Academy (NLUJA), Assam*||BA LLB||60||1024 TO 1584||5485 TO 52225||NO||http://www.nluassam.ac.in/|
|15||Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University (DSNLU), Visakhapatnam||BA LLB||120||1047 TO 1518||11698 TO 27219||1698 TO 7684||https://dsnlu.ac.in/|
|16||Tamil Nadu National Law University (TNNLU), Tiruchirappalli||BA LLB, Bcom LLB||114||1124 TO 1799||8693 TO 17103||2099 TO 4321||https://www.tnnlu.ac.in/|
|17||Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Mumbai||BA LLB||100||246 TO 557||1304 TO 49427||http://mnlumumbai.edu.in/|
|18||Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Nagpur||BA LLB||113||812 TO 1575||3133 TO 50789||https://www.nlunagpur.ac.in/|
|19||Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Aurangabad||BA LLB||53||1539 TO 2120||7323 TO 28328||https://www.mnlua.ac.in/|
|20||Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU), Shimla||BA LLB, BBA LLB||120||1013 TO 2005||10072 TO 17412||2331 TO 10786||https://hpnlu.ac.in/|
|21||Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur (M.P.)||BA LLB||120||1022 TO 2001||2047 TO 35956||https://www.mpdnlu.ac.in/|
|22||National Law University, Sonepat||BA LLB||117||1271 TO 2000||7257 TO 18219||2106 TO 2474||http://dbranlu.ac.in/|