CLAT 2020 exam will be conducted for admission to under-graduate law programmes. It is a national level entrance examination. It is managed by the 22 Indian National Law Universities (NLUs) on a rotation basis. On the basis of CLAT scores, candidates can also get admission into various government & private law colleges across the country. Check here complete information about CLAT 2020 exam dates, application form, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
CLAT 2020 Exam Dates
In this section, we are providing a tentative schedule of CLAT 2020 Exam Dates. Whenever the official CLAT exam 2019 dates announced we will update it here:
|Admission Notification Release||3rd week of December 2020|
|Application Form Availability||1st week of January 2020|
|Last date for form submission||Last week of March 2020|
|Downloading of Admit Card Starts|
|Date of CLAT Entrance Exam||24th May 2020|
|Answer Key Release|
|Representation of questions or key|
|Uploading of amended answer key (if required)|
|Result/Merit List Declaration|
|First Indicative Seat Allocation Publication|
|Date for payment of counselling fee|
CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates should check the given eligibility criteria to apply for the CLAT exam. The complete details about CLAT 2020 eligibility are given here:
- Indian National/NRI/NRI Sponsored candidates can apply.
- NRI/NRI Sponsored candidates can apply for those NLUs where such category is admitted.
- Foreign National candidates not need to appear for CLAT exam, they can apply directly to the concerned institutions.
- Upper Age Limit: There will be no upper age limit to apply for UG Integrated courses.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible.
|Qualifying Exam||Minimum Marks|
|For UG Integrated Courses||Pass 10+2 examination from the recognized board.||Secured minimum 45% marks (for Unreserved/OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories) & 40% marks (for SC/ST categories).|
CLAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates should check this section to know about exam pattern details of UG courses including mode, duration, marking scheme, negative marking, etc.
- Exam Date: The examination will be held in the second week of May 2019.
- Mode: The examination will be conducted in online mode (computer-based test).
- Duration: The exam duration will be two hours.
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice/Objective type questions will be asked in the exam.
- Number of Questions: Total 200 questions (for UG) will be asked in the examination.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of 200 marks (for UG).
- Marking Scheme: In correct response, one mark will be allotted to the candidates.
- Negative Marking: For the incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
The CLAT 2019 syllabus of UG courses will be comprised of the following sections, i.e. English including Comprehension, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Mathematics, Legal Aptitude & Logical Reasoning.